Skip to content
- All sponsors connected with Data Challenge 19, or UMD researchers, regardless of discipline, may be mentors for student teams; no teaching or mentor experience necessary.
- There is no limit to the number of mentors from an organization.
- Mentors spend Kick-off Day at UMD working with their assigned student teams, and supporting the teams virtually for the remainder of the week.
- Mentors guide student teams as they work through exploring the dataset, selecting a research question and understanding the organizations problem statement.
- Mentors will be invited to attend the Mentor/Researcher Team Building Event on January 31, 2020.
- 2-hour workshop hosted by the UMD Data Challenge Team.
- Mentorship expectations will be reviewed as will the purpose of the dataset integration theme.
Mentors must commit by December 15, 2019