Skip to content
- Dataset and project descriptions are posted here.
- Full datasets and project information details will be available to view on February 18 at noon. You must be a registered participant to receive access the datasets.
- You must declare your dataset by February 21 at 1159pm.
- Your team will receive a link to submit your dataset preference.
- You may not change your dataset after this time, so be sure to review all of the datasets carefully.
- Once we have your preference you will be assigned a mentor.
- You are responsible for forming your own team.
- Participants may compete as individuals or as teams with up to 4 students.
- Team registration: February 7 – February 15, 2022
- No changes to team membership will be accepted after your team has registered.
- If you are registered with multiple teams, you will be assigned to the first registered team.
- You will receive a link to the IC22 Team Form on February 7.
Note: Only one team member may to sign up your team.
- Still looking for Team Members? You will receive access to the IC22 Discord Server where you will be able to connect with others looking for team members. That information will be provided on February 7.
Kick-off Event Information, February 26, 2022 11am – 3pm
- This event will be virtual, and held on on the IC22 Discord server.
- At 11am, all teams will attend the talks provided by the Info Providers to give background information about the datasets and project. You will have a chance to ask questions at that time.
- At 1pm, the Info Challenge Advisors will be giving talks on topics such as:
- Getting started with IC22 projects
- Data Analytics
- Using Python with IC22 projects
- Using MatLab with IC22 projects
- Using Tableau with IC22 projects
- Using ArcGIS with IC22 projects
Work Week of February 27 – March 4, 2022
- Continue to work on your projects with your team and your mentor.
- Work may be completed virtually.
Abstracts Due Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 11:59pm
- Submit a 250 word abstract about your project. You will receive a link for your submission.
- Abstracts will be provided to the judges so they know a bit about your project before judging day.
Judging Event, March 5, 2022 11am-2pm
- Present your final analysis to the judges over Zoom.
- This event will be held on the UMD campus.
- You will receive your designated judging time, and the time you are allowed to arrive in the Judging Waiting Area.
- Once you have presented to the judges you will be expected to depart the IC22 area.
- We encourage you to return for the Awards Ceremony at 3pm.